Registration for the 3rd annual Livestrong Austin Marathon and Half Marathon opens this Saturday, June 1st. The race date is February 17th, 2013.
The event is sponsored by the Livestrong Foundation and seeks to encourage healthy lifestyles and sustainable living practices, in addition to raising money for the fight against cancer. This is a cause I’m proud to support; like many I’ve had family and friends who have fought (and won) the battle against this disease which over 28 million people worldwide are living with as we speak.
If you’re planning on running, why not join Team Livestrong and get in on the fun? All team members receive:
- Guaranteed registration for the race.
- Nike Dri-FIT Team Livestrong shirt and hat.
- Your own personal fundraising website for the race.
- Access to a fund raising tools website to teach you everything you need to know about raising funds for the event.
- One on one support from dedicated Livestrong staff.
- A well-deserved team celebration following the event.
All this and the experience of a lifetime for a $500 fundraising committment. Livestrong’s experienced staff will help you every step of the way to meet your fundraising goal and have a great time doing it. You’ll have a blast and meet plenty of great people along the way.
For more information or to join Team Livestrong you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-279-8407. If you prefer to enter the race on your own, you can register for the marathon or half marathon at http://www.youraustinmarathon.com/
The 2013 race promises to be a great event, why not be a part of it and support an important cause along the way?