Full Stride Running founder Dan Moriarity now offers coaching services for runners of all levels of ability. Whether you’re looking for marathon training advice, a 5k program to get you off the couch or an advanced 10k or half marathon training plan, I can help.
Unlike many other coaching services, I don’t offer different levels of service for different prices. All of my athletes receive the full level of support and communication. For those who would prefer to just have a program to follow on their own, I can write you a personalized program targeted for a specific goal race or races based on your training history, level of fitness and personal goals.
Here the options you can choose get when you sign up for my coaching services:
- Free Personalized Evaluation. I’ll start by giving you a questionnaire-based evaluation of where you’re at fitness-wise and the initial steps I recommend for improvement. No cost and no obligation.
- Customized Training Plan. A 12-16 week training plan that’s designed specifically for you and the goal race you choose. It could be your first 5k race, a local 10k or a big city marathon. Custom training plans include one free email consultation to answer any questions you have and offer individual advice.
- Personal Coaching Plan. An ongoing month to month coaching plan with unlimited email consultation, a personalized training program and adjustment of your training plan based on the results of your actual workouts and races.
My Coaching Philosophy
If you’re looking for something new and revolutionary in my training program, you’re likely to be disappointed. I don’t have any special tricks or secret workouts that will immediately take you from a couch potato to an elite runner in three months or less. No such thing exists, no matter what anyone tries to tell you.
What I do offer, is a training program based on tried and true principles that distance runners the world over have used successfully for decades. A program with the following principles:
- Individuality. No two runners are exactly the same in terms of their goals, talents, needs, likes, schedule constraints and facility availability. So why should they follow the same program? Your training program will be designed with you in mind and will be adjusted on a weekly basis depending on your reports and reactions to the training.
- Moderation. Success in distance running takes a long time. There are no shortcuts and no way to speed up the process. With that in mind, it’s important to set a training program that’s reasonable and sustainable over the long term. Anyone can train themselves into teh ground in a few weeks, but the most successful runners are those who simply keep at it for the long haul.
- Aerobic based. Developing your aerobic fitness is the key to success in distance running – even more so for recreational runners and newbies. For many runners a gradual and realistic increase in weekly mileage, along with targeted amounts of “higher end” aerobic running in the form of moderate effort interval workouts and tempo runs will work wonders.
- Goal oriented. Any training program should be based on a specific race goal. Training is a means to an end, not the end in itself.
- Enjoyment.Your training should satisfying and enjoyable, otherwise you won’t likely stick with it for long. I try to build some fun and variety into your training to keep my athletes from getting bored or stale.
Personalized fitness evaluation and recommendations: Free!
Custom Training Plan: $40 for a 12-16 week plan.
Ongoing personal coaching: $50 per month.
For more information, fill out the contact form below.